Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Social Insecurity


This is obviously a crisis. I press refresh over and over again on my iPhone but its no use. I can hardly believe what has appeared on my newsfeed. I give up on the failed mobile Facebook stalking and resort to texting. One after the other I send messages to my best friends about what has just transpired. Truthfully he and I no longer talk. We aren’t even friendly towards each other. That doesn’t change that we are perfect for each other. It has been the same story for five years. Easy come and easy go.  Yet each time his changed relationship status appears on that tiny screen my stomach drops and my heart starts racing. He just keeps going through these girls. What will it take for him to notice my existence? Sighing I return to his page. I continue to hit refresh in the miserable hope that it was a mistake or my eyes has deceived me the dozens of times before that. A phone call pops up on my screen and forces me to quit staring and instead discuss the possibility that I am truly invisible with each of my friends that calls me in the next few hours. Is it a problem when you need to carry your phone charger in your schoolbag for use throughout the day in class, at the library or at Starbucks? Certainly not when social emergencies such as this occur. 

No comments:

Post a Comment