Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tayari Jones Reading

Before attending the Tayari Jones reading I was dreading spending my evening somewhere other than my couch. However once I got there I was quickly amused by her humor and talent. Even though I really enjoyed listening to the actual reading it was the Q and A afterwards that really impressed me. I was so impressed by how down to earth Tayari Jones was and how she gave us advice as though we were all writers of the same caliber. She really made me feel like I could go home and write something well. She also impressed upon me the notion that you have to write what you feel compelled to write without worrying about the criticism of those around you. Her entire attitude towards writing was really inspiring and made me appreciate for the first time what it must be like to be an author like her.  

No comments:

Post a Comment